Job Title: Sessional Worker Music for Wellbeing
Reports to: Chief Officer Dr Maureen Newman
To lead our weekly Music for Wellbeing group for three hours each week (2 hours face to face and 1 hour preparation at a rate of £12.50 per hour. This is currently a small group with five or six members meeting regularly on Tuesday afternoons 2.30pm – 4.30pm
To improve mental health and wellbeing by encouraging and helping members take part in creative musical activity in a co-operative and friendly atmosphere that values a range of talents and abilities.
Most of the group play instruments at home, but this cannot replace the satisfaction of making music with others. Playing music together gives enjoyment and builds friendship. This is a co-operative group using the thoughts and ideas of members, but needs a musician to facilitate and guide it.
Location: Wellbeing Centre, Bodmin 2A Dennison Road, Bodmin PL31 2LL
Lead the weekly Music for Wellbeing group
- Manage and lead a weekly music group, including preparation of materials, offering musical guidance and instruction as practicable.
- Create and maintain a relaxed and accepting atmosphere alongside people, enabling them to share responsibility in the planning, developing and running of the group.
- Develop the group’s activities, where possible encouraging increased membership.
- Encourage participation in local music-making where appropriate.
Personal Specification / Selection Criteria
- Experience and ability in playing musical instruments, music theory, and improvisation with others across genres.
- Enthusiasm for developing the group’s activities.
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of people living with mental health problems, and a strong commitment to social inclusion and diversity.
How to Apply
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Dr Maureen Newman at The Wellbeing Centre, 2A Hamley Court, Dennison Road, Bodmin PL31 2LL.
The closing date is 9.00am Monday 22nd October 2018